Code of conduct
This Code of Conduct defines the basic requirements placed on SL Engineering Ltd, it’s suppliers and third-party intermediaries concerning their responsibilities towards their stakeholders and the environment. SL Engineering Ltd reserves the right to reasonably change the requirements of this Code of Conduct due to changes of the SL Engineering Ltd Compliance Program. In such an event SL Engineering Ltd expects the supplier to accept such reasonable changes.
The supplier and/or third-party intermediary declares herewith:
- To comply with the laws of the applicable legal systems.
Prohibition of corruption and bribery
- To tolerate no form of and not to engage directly or indirectly in any form of corruption or bribery and not to grant, offer or promise anything of value to a government official or to a counterparty in the private sector to influence official action or obtain an improper advan
Fair competition, anti-trust laws and intellectual property rights
- To act in accordance with national and international competition laws and not to participate in price fixing, market or customer allocation, market sharing or bid rigging with competitors;
- To respect the intellectual property rights of others.
Conflicts of interest
- To avoid all conflicts of interest that may adversely influence business relationships.
Respect for the basic human rights of employees
- To promote equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin colour, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age;
- To respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
- To refuse to employ or make anyone work against their will;
- To refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- To prohibit behavior including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- To provide fair remuneration and to guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage;
- To comply with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws;
- To recognize, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favour nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions.
Prohibition of child labour
- To employ no workers under the age of 16
Modern Slavery Policy
- It is the intention of SL Engineering Ltd not to use products and services produced by Modern Slavery from its supply chain. Steps are to be undertaken to ensure its operations and supply chain are free of human trafficking or slavery and must refrain from using any form of involuntary labour including forced, prison or debt-bonded labour.
Health and safety of employees
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees;
- To control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases;
- To provide training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues;
- To act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection;
- To minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection.
- To provide an environment where all employees are encouraged to raise any product safety concerns;
- To provide awareness training to all employees to ensure it is understood they are all responsible and to promote a business wide product safety culture.
- To use reasonable efforts to promote ethical behaviours across its supplier base with this Code of Conduct;
- To comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatmen
- To take reasonable efforts to avoid in its products the use of raw materials which directly or indirectly finance armed groups who violate human rights